Group, Company, and Association Membership
Credit Union membership is a great benefit for your group or employees, at no added cost to your company.
Offer your group access to low rate loans, free financial education, special credit union service providers, and more. State Department Federal Credit Union (SDFCU) provides financial products and services to over 85,000 members worldwide and over 80 Select Employee Groups (SEGs). We invite your group to join us.
Become a SEG
Fill out a member group application. A member development representative will contact you within 2 business days of your application submission.
Once the application process has been completed it is reviewed by the SDFCU Board of Directors. Following board approval, the request is submitted to the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Upon NCUA approval, the group will become a SEG. View a list of all our approved SEGs.
Free Lunch and Learn Seminars
We conduct financial education seminars on topics like car-buying, investing, saving, and the mortgage application process.
Programming for events
We can provide on-site support at events like employee orientations, benefit fairs, and wellness events.
We can deliver employers with credit union product and services materials, financial education resources, and more.
- Low-rate loans and high-yield savings
- Access to nearly 30,000 free ATMs nationwide through the CO-OP Network
- Undergraduate scholarship competition eligibility
- Credit card and debit card rewards
- Mobile app access with mobile check deposit
- Free notary services at all branch locations
Foreign Service, Traveling, and Living Overseas
- ATM and foreign transaction fee reimbursement options on Checking accounts
- Mortgage loan while living overseas and finance as a primary home
- Auto financing available even if car is garaged overseas
- No foreign transaction fees on any of our credit card options
- Competitively low wire transfer fees